Job Title: Lifeguard (Seasonal)
Hours: Variable Schedule (weekdays, holidays, evenings and weekends)
Department: Public Works
Hourly Rate: $8.25-$9.50 per hour
The City of Fort Oglethorpe needs to hire Lifeguards for the upcoming pool season. We open the pool the last weekend in May and close it by the first weekend in September. We are looking for Lifeguards with prior pool experience and the ability to work flexible shifts throughout the summer. The ideal candidate will have excellent skills in the water and reliable transportation. Prior experience is a major plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours.
- Check pool for appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule and report levels to the CPO.
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues.
- Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions.
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests.
- Organize and oversee pool parties.
- Provide swimming lessons and swim team coaching when available.
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the pool.
- Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary.
- Current and valid ARC certification
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Ability to pass pre-employment practical skills test in the water
- Experience teaching swim lessons or coaching swim team highly desirable
- 2+ years’ lifeguard experience preferred
- Flexible schedule required
SUPERVISOR: This position reports to the Pool Manager
E-Verify User ID#140692
Authorization Date: 07/30/08
Get alerted about emergencies and other important community information by signing up for the Everbridge Mass Notification Program.
City Hall Address:
500 City Hall Drive
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742