JOB Title: Custodian/Maintenance Worker (Part-Time)
Department: Building/Planning Zoning
Salary: $9.50-$14.00 per hour
This position is responsible for performing semi-skilled and skilled work, general maintenance, cleaning and sanitation of workspace, floors, fixtures, furnishings, and general upkeep of assigned work area following established policies and procedures and performs general custodial and maintenance services in customer locations or other assigned area(s), including cleaning and detailing conference rooms, offices, cafeteria, courthouses, classrooms, government facilities and common areas. Custodian to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job requires knowledge of custodial practices, construction methods, equipment, supplies and procedures, and the ability to perform quality work in a safe manner. Specific tasks may vary, therefore, must be flexible in performing assigned duties as outlined below
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that all assigned areas are cleaned and sanitized according to departmental procedures. This includes dusting, mopping, vacuuming, spot cleaning carpets, washing walls, furniture, and fixtures.
- Remove waste and debris from the premises to designated area.
- Vacuum all rugs and carpeted areas in offices, lobbies, and corridors.
- Sanitize and polish all glass furniture tops.
- Clean and sanitize common surfaces including doors, door frames, around light switches, private entrance glass, and partitions.
- Wash, clean and sanitize all water coolers.
- Sweep, with broom, all private stairways, and vacuum if carpeted.
- Police all floors and clean or damp mop spillage.
- Damp mop or clean any spillage in office and public areas as required.
- Damp dust telephones.
- Dust all picture frames, charts, graphs, and similar wall hangings.
- Damp dust all ceiling air conditioning diffusers, wall grilles, register and other ventilating louvers.
- Damp dust the exterior surfaces of lighting fixtures, including glass and plastic enclosures.
- Dust and/or wash all directory boards as required, remove fingerprints and smudges.
- Clean and sanitize entrance door glass inside and outside.
- Properly clean and buff tile floor services as needed.
- Ability to perform skilled maintenance, construction, and repair work, in the area, of work assigned.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in the absence of close supervision.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and maintenance.
- Punctual/Time management
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including seasonally hot or cold temperatures.
- Comply with social distancing requirements and safety guidelines published by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), OSHA, or similar agencies as ordered by federal, State, and local governments.
- Associate must wear all provided and necessary PPE in accordance with position and OSHA requirements.
- Follow all safety and personnel rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 0 to 1 year of work experience, preferably in custodial services. Ability to follow instructions on labels for proper and safe use of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to follow structured process and procedures, and to learn to use specialized departmental equipment, including that used in custodial services such as scrubbers and buffers.
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities including: hazards associated with the work and proper safety precautions: purposes and uses of equipment, power tools and hand tools including motorized, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical work and carpentry.
- Physical stamina and physical dexterity.
- Availability to work evenings, flexibility of schedule changes, work duration and task assignments.
- Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common-sense skills.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Must be at least 18 years old.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
- Maneuvering in and around the worksite
- Standing and walking
- Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
- Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
- May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
- Grasping both small & large objects
- Climbing ladders and/or step stools
Director of Building, Planning and Zoning
HOURS OF JOB:
Variable work schedule
E-Verify User ID#140692
Authorization Date: 07/30/08
Get alerted about emergencies and other important community information by signing up for the Everbridge Mass Notification Program.
City Hall Address:
500 City Hall Drive
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742